Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

ROAD TRIP - Wrap Up

The whole route!

Looking back on the trip, I can rate where I/we will return to and what will be avoided as follows.

The Good to the bad..

  • Silverton, Colorado - (10) This is unfair because Silverton seems like a second home now. We have returned 4 years concurrent and it will surely be the base from more exploration of the rockies in the future.
  • Taos, NM - (9+) Another favorite. I'd like to spend a good month in Taos exploring everything there is to see in that region including visits again to Chama and Eagle's Nest.
  • Tombstone, AZ - (8) I'd like to be in town when there are more festivities. I/we will return.
  • Bluff, UT - (7) I'd like to base out of Bluff and explore the surrounding area, dipping back into Monument Valley.
  • Liberal, KS - (6) this town and surrounding area looked to be very nice and should make a great base to explore the plains states.
  • Carlsbad Caverns and area - (4) I have seen all I need to. A return trip will be unlikely.
  • Amarillo, TX - (3) This area reminds me of an older, Inland Empire in the LA, California area. I will only stop to visit The Big Texas Steak House again, for RV and Truck parts or service or to see Palo Duro Canyon which we missed,
  • Dodge City, KS - (1) What a joke! What a disappointment! What a waste of time!
  • El Paso, TX - (-1000)  The town reminds me of East LA on Very Bad Steroids yet far, far from the cooling breezes of the Pacific Ocean. 

Next Trip -- Bonneville Speed Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment