|Stopping for Lunch just west of Kingman, AZ|
The first day was a short 252 miles. We are staying the night at the Horspitality RV Park, just south of town on Highway 60.
Wickenburg was established in the Mining Era back in 1863. The railroad came to town a while later and kept the burg from blowing away when the mines played out. There is a clean, historic business district with nice shops and a number of good restaurants.
I always have an eye for well restored, vintage cars and this old Caddy fits the bill. The setting was perfect for this photo: small town, city park, nice car = 10+.
We visited a few shops before their, off season, early closing hours and dined at Anita's Cocina which had the highest ratings on Yelp.com of all eateries in town. See the Yelp Listing Link for more details.
RV PARK REVIEW
Back to Horspitality RV Park.
You can find more about this park at these links:
Park Web Site
RV Park Reviews, Wickenburg, AZ
Overall, I give this park a 5.5 of 10. The rate was $32 for a 50 amp pull through site.
- The lone staff member was friendly and helpful.
- The park was clean and quite.
- Easy access for our big rig.
- Wi-Fi was non-op. The park staff could not fix the problem.
- A bit too far from town.
- Cash or Check only. No credit cards.
- No swimming pool and it's 105 degrees out!
- As mentioned the Park Wi-Fi did not work.
- Verizon Wireless 3G, data service was superb.
- AT&T only offers 2G 'Edge" data service.
|Verizon Wireless, 3g Data Speed Test|
|Fast Boat heading to the water and a Saguaro Cactus along Highway 93.|
Yep, we are in Arizona!
We are heading to Tombstone for a full day stop over. There are many wild fires in that area and we hope that the fire fighters are making progress.